Type: Full-time; one-year contract (with possibility of renewal)
Deadline: September 13, 2021
Salary: $24-$27/hour (commensurate with experience and current HR policies)
Benefits: 3 weeks holiday, personal and wellness days and winter break. Group insurance plan (health, dental, life, and more) and Group RRSP plan (employer-matched).
Do you have proven experience in event management? Do you have a knack for social interaction? The NETWORK is looking for an organized and effective Event Planner who can orchestrate the multiple facets of event planning, while using effective communication to guide and pique the interest of all actors involved in its numerous event projects.
Under the direction of the Lead Project Manager, the Event Planner will be responsible for organizing and managing all events and gatherings.
A. PROCESS MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION
- Contribute to the development of the event plan in collaboration with the senior manager and relevant team members;
- Research all information required for event implementation;
- Provide a detailed plan outlining event stages, timelines and updates to the teams and partners involved;
- Establish staffing requirements and support needed to ensure smooth event rollouts that meet set objectives;
- Generate a logistical calendar and a list of the equipment required and ensure its timely delivery;
- Inform all collaborators involved in the event and maintain their interest and effectiveness in delivering and supporting them as necessary;
- Anticipate and communicate unexpected changes and impacts;
- Gather all information to ensure the events are delivered according to decisions and expectations;
- Deliver all information relevant to the promotion of the event to the communications team;
- Support the Lead Project Manager in the development and production of funding applications;
- Participate in budget preparation;
- Provide updates on expenditure to ensure that progress remains within the established budgetary framework;
- Compile and write up testimonials and comments from guests and hosts;
- Assist in creating and updating contact lists for invitations to various events;
- Write the event post-mortem report and share it at team meetings;
- Ability to communicate in English and French and excellent writing skills in one of the two languages. Knowledge of an Indigenous language is an asset!
- Proven experience (minimum 2 years) in an event planning role;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to plan, manage and evaluate multiple projects simultaneously and involving external and internal resources;
- Excellent communication skills with a variety of audiences;
- Experience and knowledge of key software including G-Suite, Slack and others;
- Self-motivated, team player, good work ethic;
- Community spirit and commitment to decolonization;
- Significant knowledge of and sensitivity to the realities of the Inuit, Métis and First Nations communities in the greater Montreal area.
Send a CV and a motivation letter at: email@example.com
NOTE: Given the mission and nature of the activities of the Montreal Indigenous Community NETWORK, First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants will be given priority.