Join our team!
We are currently hiring for a:
Are you a passionate, brilliant, team player looking for a challenge? The NETWORK is currently recruiting a Bookkeeper who will be responsible for assisting with daily accounting and monthly reporting processes for our growing organization as well as for two of our organizational members: Mikana and Southern Quebec Inuit Association (SQIA).
Contract length is 6 months, with a strong possibility of renewal
Full time position, 30 hours/week
Start date is immediately
Salary will vary from $25/hour
A bit about the project:
The NETWORK was incorporated in April 2019 after operating under a fiduciary organization for the 10 years prior. We are currently setting up the newly incorporated organization at the same time as we manage significant growth. Two of our Indigenous member organizations, Mikana and the Southern Quebec Inuit Association, are young organizations with limited financial resources. This is why we have teamed up to offer
an attractive position to one full-time Bookkeeper with the ability to support the three young organizations!
The NETWORK and Mikana are located next to Papineau Métro (approx 3 days per week), and the Southern Quebec Inuit Association is located at De l’Église Métro (approx 1 day per week).
More about the position
Key areas of accountability include:
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports and financial statements
- Processing accounts receivable/payable
- Setting up accounting systems
- Working with and maintaining all aspects of the general ledger
- Assisting with bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and reporting any accounting variances
- Assisting with Cash Flow projections
- Create and analyze financial reports when needed
- Provide feedback and assistance with grant reporting when needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
The ideal candidate will have several of these assets:
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and other accounting software (SAGE)
- Proficiency in English or French; and in MS Office (Google Office)
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
We want our team to reflect the richness and diversity of our community.
We are gender inclusive, and encourage applications from youth, elders, those who identify as two-spirit or LGBTQ, persons with disabilities, and all other marginalized persons and anyone who is committed to improving the quality of life of Montreal’s Indigenous community. Priority will be given to Inuit, First Nations, or Métis candidates, and to those with significant connections to Indigenous communities in Montreal.