Type: Full-time; one-year contract (with possibility of renewal)
Salary: $24-$27/hour (commensurate with experience and current HR policies)
Benefits: 3 weeks holiday, personal and wellness days and winter break. Group insurance plan (health, dental, life, and more) and Group RRSP plan (employer-matched).
Are you curious and passionate, reliable and organized? Are you known for your planning and attention to detail? The NETWORK is looking for an office coordinator to provide operational support to a growing team.
The Office Coordinator ensures the maintenance of the organization’s culture and the smooth running of the office. They implement the necessary procedures to manage administrative and financial tasks. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Coordinator works closely with the Executive Assistant and
the Event Planner in addition to providing support to all teams.
- Manage the office space and participate in the short-term search for, and organization of, new offices;
- Oversee the procurement of equipment and supplies to ensure the proper functioning of the office;
- Welcome and support new employees to facilitate their integration;
- Collaborate with the project managers and make the necessary purchases for the implementation of events and ensure compliance with the procurement procedure;
- Negotiate with suppliers and prepare contracts;
- Suggest management methods and tools when appropriate;
- Manage the recruitment and welcoming of volunteers.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with other team members.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position;
- Excellent organizational skills, resourceful and flexible;
- Able to manage multiple files at once;
- Knowledge of IT tools such as GSuite, Slack and other software used by the organization, such as databases;
- Basic knowledge of accounting;
- Fluency in French and English and excellent writing skills in one of the two languages.
- Self-motivated, team player, good work ethic;
- Community spirit and commitment to decolonization;
- Significant knowledge of and sensitivity to the realities of the Inuit, Métis and First Nations communities in the greater Montreal area.
Please send your cover letter and resume before October 25 to email@example.com
NOTE: Given the mission and nature of the activities of the Montreal Indigenous Community NETWORK, First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants will be given priority.
Please send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org